BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 02, 2006

Can't Knock the Hustle *

I gotta quit slacking with this blog. This is part of my gift to myself and I am still procrastinating. Bad, bad, bad.

Previously on Sloane's Day Off...

1. I OFFICIALLY resigned from my job, after "thinking it over" for a month. I just need to get there to pick up my stuff and to have the director kiss my fat ass. Yeah I said it; what? Was it wrong of me to make that place suffer for a month while I laughed and pointed at them? They offered me the month, I was minding my own B.I. business on medical leave. So now I am really unemployed instead of ill. I will start sending out resumes shortly; I mean I do need to buy my own birthday gift.

2. I've recently purchased a new bed, and I have finally broken it in. Get your mind out of the gutter you perverts. I am extremely particular of my sleeping situation, and any changes in said situation makes Sloane very unhappy. My sister bought me a set of sheets where the fitted sheet does not fully cover the mattress due to the awesomeness of the pillow-top. But they are red, and I love them, however I had to fuss with them every night before I organized myself to sleep.

3. I got my Atelier Mourlot lithograph cleaned, and ready to re-hang. This lithograph was done in 1967 by Brigitte Coudrain, and if you look closely, you will see that it is the skyline of lower Manhattan near Wall Street. Since the World Trade Center was in the process of being built at this time, Coudrain could not add it into her design because she did not know what the finished product would look like. Unfortunately, the skyline of lower Manhattan resembles this once more, and sometimes I have difficulty looking at it after what happened and knowing that I will never see 2 friends again.*

4. I started writing a novel. I am still in the beginning research and outline stages. It will be fiction, with a strong female protagonist. Hopefully, I will be able to take a page from some of the great female writers, and be able to collect all my thoughts into something that people would enjoy reading.

So that is what I have been doing since May 21st. I will be visiting this site more often now, since I really do have the days off.



*For those keeping track, this is the second Jay-Z song used as a title and it was used in memory of JQ, who would be 30 today, and PC, who used to play this song non-stop.

0 comments: