BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 25, 2006

I Finally Committed!

I’ve gotten a few emails about my inability to name my favorite movies of all time because I change my mind very often. So without further ado, here are my Top 10 favorite movies. *

Coincidentally, all of these movies have really great soundtracks, so if the premise of the movie isn't your cup of tea, perhaps the music will persuade you.

10. Forest Gump- This is my go-to movie whenever there is nothing on TV. It makes me cry every time.

9. 16 Candles- This movie was on television a lot when I was younger, on Saturday afternoons before cable. It was after I saw this movie where my habit of quoting movie lines at random times developed.

8. A Life Less Ordinary- This movie is part love story, part action movie, and part comedy. It also has a duet by Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor (who needs a haircut/style badly) of one of my all time favorite songs Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin.

7. Sliding Doors- Every girl’s dream and nightmare rolled into one movie. Decisions would be so much easier to make if you were able to see the consequences beforehand. It doesn’t hurt that I also think that John Hannah is hot.

6. Billy Elliot- Angsty coming-of-age tale. The music in this movie completely fits every scene. This is also the only other movie that I have cried at.

5. Office Space- Life as a corporate office drone. This movie makes me laugh, and makes me happy that I chose a different path for my work life.

4. Swingers- According to my friend J, this movie gave away too many guy secrets, especially the three-day phone call rule, which became a hotly debated topic in my circle of friends. (This is the second Ron Livingston movie on the countdown. Total coincidence.)

3. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- Need I say more? When I was young I wanted a white leather jacket with fringe, and a guy like Ferris as my boyfriend. I still haven’t gotten either one.

2. Girlfight- I watch this movie all the time. Another angsty coming- of- age tale about a badass girl who learns to channel her rage through boxing. I live vicariously through Diana as she kicks ass.

1. The Outsiders- The best movie adapted from a book. EVER. This movie also began my lifelong crush on Matt Dillon.

There you have it. I would love to know what you all think of my list and what movies you consider in your top 10.


*Although I have committed to this listing, it is subject to change at anytime.

0 comments: