BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 04, 2008

SAVE THE TA-TA's!!

I had a pretty eventful weekend. Friday I met my personal trainer, who as I mentioned before, is huge; like 7 foot tall and like 4000 pounds. Ok, I exaggerate a little, but compared to me at all of 5 foot nothing, he is a tall drink of water. I told him my issues and what I want to work on, and get this... he wants me to work out 5 days a week. Umm, yeah. The whole reason that I don't already exercise is because it takes away my precious couch time, so let's just say that this will be a huge adjustment for me.

Saturday I did the 5K Revlon Run/Walk for Breast Cancer with my family and friends in support and memory of all the people we know affected by breast cancer. It was a pretty fun day, except for the cloudy cold weather. Can I just say that another reason why I love NYC is that it is an amazing thing to see almost 50 thousand people gather for a great cause and to speak with some of the women who have survived this heinous disease. We walked from Times Square up Broadway to the East Meadow in Central Park. The best part of my day was seeing this woman named Nilda who was carrying a homemade sign that said "I am walking in support of myself... I am not ready to be a memory yet". Can I tell you I was crying like a little bitch after I saw that. I had to talk to this woman who was so determined to beat this disease and had so much faith that she would. We spent part of the time walking together and I watched so many survivors come up to her and thank her for the sign she made. Her whole family was there supporting her by walking with her and she told me that they raised almost 60 grand for the cause. She is truly an amazing woman, and was a real inspiration to me. By the way, go to savethetatas.com and buy some cute stuff.. They also donate a portion of each sale for Breast Cancer research.

Sunday was my parent's 34 wedding anniversary. All I can say is that 34 years is a LONG time to be with someone. Saw my niece. She is an awesome baby. So aware. She only cries when she has a full diaper. I can't wait until she gets a little older so we can do bonding time together.

Monday, I will be all up in the the Supreme Court of NYC doing my civic duty by being Juror #4. Hopefully I will see some cute lawyers milling around. Hey, a girl needs her eye candy. Besides just because I am taken, doesn't mean I am blind.

Peace out.


P.S.: Dirty went to visit his douchebag friend this weekend. Apparently db took him to a strip club. I was playing the role of good girlfriend and not calling every 5 minutes to check up on him. Imagine my surprise when I get a call at 12am telling me he was leaving db at the club and he was going home because he hated having old, smelly crotch in his face, (He was a bit more vulgar, but this is a family show), and that he missed me a lot. I have trained him well. He will get a bonus in his envelope this week. :)

2 comments:

Mrstx said...

lmao at giving him a bonus in his envelope this week! ha ha! :D

Lisa Johnson said...

When I read what that lady had on her sign, that made me teary eyed! I am amazed at the strength and power of women. WE ROCK! And that is so good that Dirty left the strip club early. What a good boy. Where did you get the nickname Dirty?