BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 04, 2009

One Year

It is scary to think that in exactly one year I will be preparing myself for the biggest milestone of my life.

MARRIAGE.

And I am totally unprepared. Mentally, emotionally, financially, and any other ally that I can't think of right now.

Since we have booked out reception venue, I have had horrid nightmares of things going wrong. I mean like being left at the altar bad. I trust Dirty and know that he wouldn't have proposed if he didn't mean it, but those dreams are freaking my shit out.

The other stuff that is freaking me out is that we have not booked another major vendor for the wedding... no dj, photographer, florist. I just have no motivation to meet with these people and haggle prices. I want what I want and expect people to make it happen. No wonder why wedding coordinators make a pretty penny. This crap is tedious and annoying.

Let me not even get started on a dress. I have tried on quite a few, and cannot find "the one". Could it be that just like men, there isn't "a perfect dress", just a good solid dress that makes you happy, and looks beautiful and one that you are happy to wear because you don't looked like a stuffed marshmallow sausage? It took me years to find Dirty, I hope it doesn't take me that long to find a dress.

I know this post is a little negative, but I'm getting MARRIED in a year! And you all know how that kiddie song goes: first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Sloane with a baby carriage...

What have I gotten myself into? ;)

7 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Don't stress too much...I planned and pulled of mine and Jason's wedding in less than 2 weeks, and the only thing I would have changed was I would have spent better $ on a good photographer. Things will start to come together, you'll see...you still have a whole entire year to plan and prepare! And don't give up hope on the dress...when you find the right one you'll "just know". Are you having a big huge wedding w/ all your extended family?

Jadeny said...

You will be fine! Don't worry. I myself did not buy my dream dress because it broke the budget, but I did buy "a good solid dress that makes me happy" and looks great. And it cost about 1/12th of the dream dress. You may want to get your vendors booked sooner than later only because their prices may be better now that the economy is so so. When it picks back up, you'll have far less wiggle room. Stop stressing and enjoy! I have 6 weeks left ahhhh

~Penny~ said...

A. Jade, I can't believe its 6 weeks. You pulled it off girlie!

B. Sloane! Stop your stressing! Set a time line for yourself, rather than having to do it all at once. This month the dj/mexican band, next month the photographer, Dec. Dress....blah balh balh.

It will all work out. Keep it simple!

rage said...

I think things are going to be fine. You still have plenty of time to get your stuff together and I think you're probably in a rut right now.

Anonymous said...

Bah. You're going to feel a lot of stress, it's totally normal! It's the biggest day of your life and will be by far the most wonderful. I promise you that.

Every bride to be that I talked to (including me) during the planning process had LOTS of dreams. I had them just about every night - in different scenarios. Like, my bridesmaids showing up at the wedding in jeans because they didn't feel like wearing the dresses. Or, my dress not fitting on the day of.

I had ridiculous amounts of stress, I was laying awake at night from it all... and you know what? No matter how hard I tried, I'm sure something went wrong but it didn't matter. Looking into the eyes of the man you love, taking your vows in front of all those people that are part of your life... everything melts away at that moment. Cherish it. The stress is normal and expected. If I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn't stress nearly as much.... but being the first wedding it can't be controlled.

The dress... you will just know. Try on 1,000 dresses. Who cares? What's the rush? Try them all on and wait for the right one to come along.. because it WILL. I tried on a handful and then - I found THE ONE. I just knew. I saw it, I almost cried. I put it on and yea.. there was no disputing it. This was THE dress.

Don't sweat it. Everything will be fine. I had a VERY tight budget and I made it all work out and got every single demand I wanted met from my vendors. There is a vendor out there for you - trust me. Take your time and breathe.

Jatorade said...

I found a lot of dresses that were good dresses and looked good. But once I found 'the' dress, I knew it was it. I wish I could wear it everyday!

Also, I just remembered I need to book a dj and my wedding is in June. So you've got time.

Stella said...

Yep, I totally agree that there is not one ultimate dress. Although I still sort of pine over the dress that was twice as much as the one I bought. Ha ha, it would have never worked though because I had the ever expanding waistline due to my pregnancy. The dress I used did its job...it made me feel beautiful and it hid my pregnancy from my Grandparents! :D