BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 21, 2011

In the Poorhouse

Instead of giving up something for Lent, I have made a commitment to post more on this blog. Today's offering will be done 4th grade current events style.

Who?: My husband, Dirty

What?: bought a 9 dollar box of lettuce

When?: Saturday morning

Where?: Whole Foods

Why?: because he has no common sense in his head.

Summary: We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy a set a curtains. Since I still have the dizzies, I don't feel comfortable driving yet, so out of the kindness of his heart, he chauffeured me. I'm sure it helped that the shopping center we went to had a GameStop, but I digress. Since he wasn't interested in the curtains or any other nonsense there, he went to GameStop, and since I didn't know how long I was going to be, and in the interest of multitasking sent him off to Whole Foods with my shopping list.

BIG, MASSIVE MISTAKE!

There was pretty easy stuff on the list, you know, bread, eggs, milk, etc. The WF that we go to has a big bin of loose mixed baby lettuce for about 3 dollars a pound, and you can choose either a box or a bag as your vessel. My list said box of lettuce. I know what that means. Box of loose mixed baby lettuce for about 3 dollars a pound. To Dirty, box of lettuce means hydroponically grown baby Arugula from some boutique farm in California. For NINE dollars! NINE! (Never mind that currently in Sevvie, my Aerogarden I am hydroponically growing arugula.)

Moral of the story?: I think he did that on purpose to get back at me for taking so long in BBB.

The arugula was slamming though. Mr. Moneybags made Beef Carpaccio with Arugula salad that night.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha at least he cooked dinner :)