BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Deep Thoughts...

After spending way too much bonding time with the family while preparing for my brother’s wedding, I thought I would be able to re-claim my sanity by now. Alas, it is not to be. A few days after the wedding, my mother fell, and fractured her elbow. Seeing as she is currently out of commission; I have no job; and we still have guests staying at my parent’s house, I have been called in to act as hostess, chauffeur, and all around servant.

I have come up with the following conclusions in the past week.

  1. I have severe road rage. I love driving, I really do. Usually I am pretty good about avoiding drivers that are in my way, but the past few days have found me driving behind Granny in her 1972 Buick Skylark who obviously cannot tell the difference between the gas and brake pedals, which literally drives me crazy.
  2. If you want to meet and have random in-depth conversations with complete strangers, go to any doctor’s office in Great Neck before 10am. These offices are filled with old couples who will talk to anyone about anything. In the orthopedic surgeons office where my mother was getting her cast and sling, I met a couple who must have been in their late 70s, Edie and Stan, and had an entire conversation about soy milk, and was given some good recipes with it. I don't even drink soy milk.
  3. If I didn’t have the presence of mind to think before I speak and count to ten, I would really get myself in trouble with some of the things that come into my mind.
  4. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to get back to work. REALLY!

I know that this was a crappy post, but my brain is fried right now. I wish I had a better reason for why it is, but there you have it. Hopefully, I will be able to get my thoughts back together and post something that makes a bit more sense.

0 comments: